This prompt from WordPress “Daily Prompt: Goals” dropped into my email the other day. This one got me thinking. When I started this blog, I had an idea to create a personal storehouse to help Lori and I remember our various adventures and share them with our friends in some way. I held to this for a while and then, miracle of miracles, people started reading about these adventures, people I didn’t know. I soon realized that WordPress is a very large community, filled with people with the same general idea, that being, I have something to share with the world. I started following blogs, getting involved in comments and, all the while watching my blog grow. As it grew, I began to dabble in other areas of my interests, music, sports and opinion. I eventually came to a crossroads in that I felt I was losing focus on my original thought for this blog. I even went so far as to create 3 other blogs, splitting my interests in 4. This did not work, we don’t get paid for this, and 4 blogs was like a full-time job. I folded up 2 of them and went to a music blog and the original. I figured out again that it was far too much work and folded up the music blog as well. Now I am what I am, and feeling pretty good about it.
I still have the urge to track back a bit and concentrate on the travel side more, but, I really love my music as well. No matter what I end up doing, I do know on thing. I can’t see me quitting. This is way too much fun.
Rock on my WordPress friends, and never miss an opportunity to go somewhere.
- Daily Prompt: Goals (mattsden101.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Goals (lumar1298yahoo.com)
- Daily Prompt;Goals (shywallace.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Goals or “Welcome to No-More-Damn-Weeks” (thingsithinks.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Goals (writinglikeastoner.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Goals (ambikasinghsmusings.wordpress.com)
The Weekly Photo Challenge is titled Unique. We were driving around in Winnipeg, Manitoba and noticed this in the sky. A perfect X formed by 2 contrails. Thought it was cool, and had never seen it before, at least this defined.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Unique (jinancitydailyphoto.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Unique – Bright As Sunshine (teepee12.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Unique (adventuresweseek.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Unique (hereandthere5.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Unique (chikawithyeneyes.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Unique (largeself.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Unique (ohmygawdjustdowhatisay.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Unique (myawakeninglife.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Unique (thegreat38.wordpress.com)
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2012 annual report for this blog. I hope each of you has a great new year and hopefully I can add to your soundtrack.
Here’s an excerpt:
600 people reached the top of Mt. Everest in 2012. This blog got about 5,400 views in 2012. If every person who reached the top of Mt. Everest viewed this blog, it would have taken 9 years to get that many views.
I have more awards to
enjoy brag about. If coming back from vacation involves getting awards, I’m retiring and living in my car.
The difference this time is that there is a new logo for the award. Having been down this road a couple of times already, I will resist passing this along and will thank profusely my 2 nominators. The first was from Lily In Canada, who writes a terrific blog and is a pretty funny person as well. The second is from a new friend, from Australia with a great first name, John the Aussie, who runs a blog called Dumb Workers. Thank you, thank you, gracias, merci beaucoup.
I have another award to prove it.
I have been nominated again for the Versatile Blogger Award. I’m not going to go through the process again, except for thanking The Fibitz. Fibitz runs a nice travel blog that I follow and enjoy. For the curious, he defines Fibitz as:
Fibitz [fi-bihtz] 1) a little egg-shaped creature that runs crazy over the world of people; 2) the insanity of the moment; 3) the name my father gave me.
Pay him a visit.
- Hey Ma, I’m A Versatile Blogger (joebeans2002.wordpress.com)
I have the award to prove it.
The award does come with some heavy responsibilities though, kind of like a quest. The first responsibility is to thank the person who bestowed the honour on me, so for this I humbly thank Guapola. He writes a very entertaining blog, which I visit regularly. There is a very loose feel there, with some great wit and parry and thrust. Oh, and the posts are great. Stop by there and enjoy yourself. The second is to nominate 15 blogs for the award, as well as tell them of said nomination, and the third is to share seven random things about myself.
As the quest continues, I must now nominate 15 blogs for the award. This is the best part of the endeavour. I began my blog in April, never considering that there is a strong community of fellow bloggers who are both seeking and lending support. I very much enjoy the community and its denizens and becoming more confident from the support as well as more comfortable in lending it. With out further adieu. I nominate the following, with a short reason why I chose them. Please pay them all a visit. For those who have already received the bling, I apologize for the repeat, yet, in my mind, I still want you to have it, as this time it is from me.
T is an aspiring writer. I first ran across her on Twitter, through a group of sports bloggers. She tweets about her beloved Flames and Capitals of the NHL and writes nice and humorous posts about life in Saskatchewan.
Loves comics, even has a picture of Brainiac on his side bar. The master of the short post, Zapple mixes music, muses and nostalgia.
Cool stuff kept short is the byline, the blog lives up to it, other than odd Batman post. A rookie like myself, the posts usually feature music. I enjoy it because there is something new (to me) on here regularly.
I don’t think he is really a guru, but he does know his sports. I have a soft spot in my heart for this blog as it has 3 firsts for me. He was the first to like a post, comment on a post and put me on a blogroll.
I am a regular visitor to Matt’s site. His taste in music is just a touch off mine, which I love. His love of music is right there with mine, which makes for some good conversation.
The hardest working blogger I know. Had his own radio show, writes columns in various places and, of course his blog. I enjoy my conversations with Mike. If you like sports, this is a great place to visit. Lots of comments.
Doesn’t post all that much, and usually about Canadian or Saskatchewan issues, which means that most of my readers may not be to interested. I like to keep up to date and support friends at the same time. Brandon fits both bills and deserves the recognition.
An old friend of mine from Saskatchewan (actually was a goalie on a hockey team I played on with his dad), he is a very funny blogger who gets around. One of my favourites.
9. I’ll Walk
An interesting concept. They are currently hiking Japan.
A good travel blog, currently exploring the highlands of Scotland. How can you not love a post called “What the Aonach Eagach Ridge taught Me”
11. Love Is Enough
A nice young lady from Tennessee (I think), who writes quick vignettes about her life. Refreshing and spot on about the important things, Kaylen does a nice job. A bit of music as well.
She slays me. I am sure she has this award about 85 times. Her writing puts a smile on my face, and she loves dogs. What could be wrong with this blog?
13. The Fifth Top
An excellent music blog, again with taste that is just slightly off mine. I look forward to the posts here as well.
14. Compass Tales
A travel blog that I recently came across that has a style I like, and great photos as well.
A slice of life blog, well written, with some nice insights, Heather is one of my favourites now.
This concludes the tag part of tonight’s festivities, which leads to the last part of my quest. I must now share the 7 random things about myself.
- Common to most, I still have no idea what I want to be when I grow up. If you have any suggestions, I am open to listen.
- There is nothing more wonderful than a comfy spot where you can watch the world go by, while enjoying a refreshing beverage.
- I am cursed (blessed?) with one of those memories that cannot shed useless facts, kind of like Sheldon Cooper at a high school level. I am never invited to play Trivial Pursuit.
- I am obsessed with people and places, I can’t get enough of learning and experiencing what others see and feel every day, which fits in well with 2 above, and likely contributes to my love of beer.
- I’ve had a giant parrot sit on my shoulder and take the most disgusting crap down my back. I was the first to volunteer (I’m shy), and let’s say, there was not a huge rush to have the parrot on other people’s shoulders after they saw my experience.
- I’ve determined that certain monkeys would make great hats (live monkeys, I’m not that mean).
- I can roast coffee perfectly.