I chose these pictures for the Weekly Photo Challenge: Masterpiece as I love scenery and consider it both man’s masterpieces of creation complimenting the natural beauty of many vistas. The first is photo taken in Ravello, Italy. It shows the creativity of man, building homes and agriculture in nearly impossible locations.
This next photo wass taken in Montserrat, Spain. Absolutely stunning scenery. If you are in Barcelona, you MUST go to Montserrat.
And from above
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Masterpiece (createabeautifullife.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Masterpiece (charlieray45.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Masterpiece (hereandthere5.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Masterpiece (nofixedplans5.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Masterpiece (picturingpositive.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Masterpiece, underneath it all (nicolawestgate.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Masterpiece (largeself.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Masterpiece (plaridel.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Masterpiece (laavventura.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Masterpiece (Rocky Mountains) (skpfoto.com)
Ravello, Italy, what a truly wonderful, long-lasting memory. To get there from Sorrento (where we were staying) took two ferries and a bus up a mountain through some of the most amazing scenery I have ever seen. The trip there and back is worthy of 2 more posts, including the drive back to Sorrento from Amalfi on the famous Amalfi Coast highway. For now we concentrate on Ravello. The drive up the mountain to the town is absolutely beautiful. The vistas of the Mediterranean are amazing, the view of the town from below, picture postcard perfect. The views along the road are amazing as well. We were only able to spend a few hours here as schedules would not allow us more time. This was unfortunate as it was definitely worth an overnight stay. Absolutely breathtaking at every turn.
This is a look at the views along the road.
The following are some shots looking out at the countryside from the town.
A few shots from the town.
- The Amalfi Coast – Adriatic Coast and Il Salento on a budget (itinerariesnow.com)