Discovered this park in the centre of Calgary and will share a few photos. A beautiful walk in an area surrounded by a million people.
Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie
This week’s challenge is to post an image of a selfie. I have used this one before, but I really like this photo. We were on a 7 hour road trip from Calgary to Prince Albert, Saskatchewan. What adds to the photo is my son’s dog. He spends a lot of his time on trips like this, doing exactly what he is doing. Paws on the dashboard watching the road unwind.
Weekly Photo Challenge: Family
This week we have been given the topic of family. To me family is a far-reaching intangible. I have my natural family, my in-law family, my work family, my far-flung friend family, among others. Makes it very hard to choose a photo to post here. To decide, I played some eenie meenie miney mo game and came up with this one. We are bereft of grand children at this time, but, while we wait, we have a grand dog, our son’s King Charles cross. Prepare to be cuted out of your socks.
I took this shot many years ago (1991?) and is taken looking down into the canyon from the decking that goes through and around the site. Very impressive place, but only one of many in the park. On a personal level, Jasper is Banff without the crowds. In comparison, it is far more natural and focused on preservation. There is a great ski hill (Marmot Basin), and the standard resort amenities, but has unique charm that I enjoy when we visit.
Today I try the newest challenge from WordPress. The Weekly Photo Challenge : From Lines To Pattern. I took this photo at St Pancras Station in London, UK. This is where the Eurostar arrives and departs in London. A great mixture of old and new. It is also the station that Harry Potter uses to go to Hogwarts.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: From Lines to Patterns (natalyarolbin.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – From Lines to Patterns (pattisjarrett.wordpress.com)
- Weekly photo challenge: from lines to patterns (parislux.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge ( From Lines To Patterns) (rabbitandratgirl.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: From Lines to Patterns (longwalksanddarkchocolate.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: From Lines to Patterns (notsosupermodel.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: From Lines to Patterns (huntprayerpoems.wordpress.com)
This week’s challenge – Weekly Photo Challenge: An Unusual POV. I chose this photo taken from a canal boat in Amsterdam. The city has about 1200 bridges, most similar to these. This makes for some stunning views as you traverse these routes, especially where they join, as in this shot.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: An Unusual POV (memorycatcher.me)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Unusual POV (booksinthekitchen.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Unusual POV (Ways to focus on 100 meters) (chrisbreebaart.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: An Unusual POV (blessingsthruraindrops.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: An Unusual POV (theonlydeadheadinthehameau.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: An Unusual POV #1 (fromgroundtohome.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge/An unusual POV: Grand Mosque of Paris (ibnbattutatrail.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Unusual POV (shabnamphoto.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: An Unusual POV #3 (fromgroundtohome.wordpress.com)
- WB Yeats in Sligo, Ireland | Weekly Photo Challenge: An Unusual POV (ireland-ms.com)
This weeks photo challenge is simply titled, Weekly Photo Challenge: Sea. Those who follow me know that I have an affinity for the ocean, and may expect a shot of us sailing the Caribbean or something. Not happening. The shot I have chosen was taken in Eastbourne, UK in 2008. Eastbourne is on the English Channel. We were along the beach, when I noticed Lori’s young cousin standing on a pylon staring off into the sea. I always liked this picture and am happy to have had this opportunity to post it here. She captures almost exactly what I feel like when I am on or beside the sea. The sheer power of the ocean, and the peace it usually has is awe-inspiring and at the same time, contemplative.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Carefree (looneyatoms.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Sea (steviepreater.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: The Sea Is A One-Eyed Man (photographworks.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Challenge: The Sea (part 3) (rasklein.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Sea (longwalksanddarkchocolate.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Sea Grasses (albatz.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge : Sea (allresourceupdates.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge-Sea
- In My Element. (flyingonemptythoughts.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Sea (diaryofdennis.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Sea (ryanphotography.co.uk)
Got into Kaslo yesterday evening. Terrific drive and had a nice supper with a spectacular view.
Staying at a 3 room hotel called Beach Gables. More at this link
Hard to argue with a view like this out the room’s window.