Not much wind, not much to do. Had a full cockpit so didn’t raise the jib, likely should have. Love the views. Our SV is a 25 foot O’day from 1979. Loving it. Sorry it is on an iPhone so a pretty narrow shot.
Took a walk up to the Pilot Bay Lighthouse. Easy trail, slightly uphill and well worn. The lighthouse is wood and was used to note the entrance to the West Arm of Kootenay Lake. It has not been used for many years and is the subject of a historical preservation society. The light was visible for 30 miles in each direction on the lake.
This is the view of the lake from the top of the lighthouse. Spectacular views everywhere in this part of the world.
And we are off. Road trip from Calgary to Gibsons, BC, via Vancouver through the beautiful Rocky Mountains. Then we sail. Four days of lessons on a 36 footer in Howe Sound, then a more road trip up the Sunshine Coast. From there a ferry to Vancouver Island, then back to Vancouver and home. Building more memories, the most important thing in life. Hope to post a few quick posts along the way.
Pretty scary stuff. Bear shows up during a commercial shoot at Manning Park in BC.
Got into Kaslo yesterday evening. Terrific drive and had a nice supper with a spectacular view.
Staying at a 3 room hotel called Beach Gables. More at this link
Hard to argue with a view like this out the room’s window.
Mustang Bed and Breakfast
The place we are at in Revelstoke. Built in 1897, it is a grand place to stay.
In summer of 2012, we were doing our “To Sail Or Not To Sail” explorations and stopped in Blind Bay, BC for lunch. Nice resort town on a bay on Shuswap Lake. A beautiful, hot summer day, enjoying a cold one and a burger and then a plane blows by. Love BC.
We did see a sailboat there, pretty much the only one we saw all day. We stopped at a marina and were told, sailboats don’t work on this lake as there is never any wind. Scratch a beautiful lake.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Beyond (codeforconfession.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Beyond (thepanamaadventure.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Beyond – Tip of BC (theseeker57.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Beyond the Moment (rarasaur.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Beyond (bellaremyphotography.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Beyond (thisthatandwhateverelseicanthinkof.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Beyond (pilotfishblog.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Beyond (inlovewiththelord.wordpress.com)