Category Archives: Foolish
With righteous indignation, the peace loving government of North Korea lambastes Canada for it’s decision to boycott the UN Conference on Disarmament for the duration of North Korea’s chairmanship. In response, Canada’s Foreign Affairs Minister, John Baird said that Canada would wear the criticism as a badge of honour.
Simply put, this is a major oxymoron and another reason that the United Nations is becoming more and irrelevant on issues such as this. Another reason to be proud to be Canadian. We are the only country to protest this decision to allow the North Koreans the chair.
- Canada boycotts disarmament conference to protest North Korea participation (thestar.com)
- Canada boycotts disarmament conference to protest North Korea’s participation (thestar.com)
- Baird confirms boycott of UN disarmament conference (ctv.ca)
- North Korea criticizes Canada for boycott (sunnewsnetwork.ca)
There are leaders and then there are people who think they are. Bob Rae thinks he is. Canada’s Liberal Party leader (for now) has a rather warped sense of self importance. Imagine the situation as described in this link and then think “sense of entitlement” The taxpayer foots the bill for most, if not all, of his air fare. He uses (I assume) his Aeroplan to amass vast amounts of frequent flyer miles, ramping himself to “Super Elite” status. Then he uses this taxpayer fed status to worm his way on to a flight ahead of several people who had just been told there were no seats. Lack of class, perhaps. Lacl of common sense, definitely. The optics are brutal and heighten the public’s current perception of both him and the party he represents as both elitist and entitlement driven.
- Thank you, Bob Rae, for stealing my plane seat (theglobeandmail.com)