Category Archives: Asia
My fascination with North Korea continues. This is pretty interesting.
- No Shangri-La For North Korea – Analysis (eurasiareview.com)
- [Breaking News] North Korea Deemed “Best Country To Raise Children” by China’s State Run Media (en.rocketnews24.com)
I don’t know why, but North Korea has a certain fascination for me. Maybe it is the morbid curiosity, or the allure of the forbidden or maybe the sheer element of wanting to see the unknown. I have no idea. The link here* is from Time magazine and consists of photos taken by Chinese tourists on a cruise along the North Korean coast. Pictures are so rare of this country that it is almost an event when they are released.
- North Korea woos tourists with launch of first cruise ship (telegraph.co.uk)
- North Korea seeks Chinese tourists for Mount Kumgang resort (telegraph.co.uk)
With righteous indignation, the peace loving government of North Korea lambastes Canada for it’s decision to boycott the UN Conference on Disarmament for the duration of North Korea’s chairmanship. In response, Canada’s Foreign Affairs Minister, John Baird said that Canada would wear the criticism as a badge of honour.
Simply put, this is a major oxymoron and another reason that the United Nations is becoming more and irrelevant on issues such as this. Another reason to be proud to be Canadian. We are the only country to protest this decision to allow the North Koreans the chair.
- Canada boycotts disarmament conference to protest North Korea participation (thestar.com)
- Canada boycotts disarmament conference to protest North Korea’s participation (thestar.com)
- Baird confirms boycott of UN disarmament conference (ctv.ca)
- North Korea criticizes Canada for boycott (sunnewsnetwork.ca)
Ran into this on YouTube and just had to share. How often does one get to see the inside of this pariah. North Korea, apparently, is trying to drum up some tourism and this gentleman took them up on it.
- The World’s Happiest Countries (According to North Korea) (neatorama.com)
- US satellite images capture new buildings at North Korea nuclear plant (telegraph.co.uk)