I found this article today with a unique title. Tourists traps you don’t want to miss. Very intriguing title. Here is the Link ** if you want to read it. The list includes (with my comments on the ones we’ve been to):
1. The Great Wall of China
2. The Eiffel Tower in Paris, France
We loved it. Our tip is do it at night. The view is spectacular and the 9000 guys selling mini LED towers even look cool.
Hopefully next year
4. Palace of Versailles in France
We were that close and didn’t go
5. The Acropolis in Athens, Greece
I think I’ll wait a few years on this one
6. Cafe du Monde in New Orleans
We enjoyed a beignet and a cappuccino here one night. Very touristy, but a definite must do.
7. Chichen Itza in Mexico
No time when we were in Cozumel. Hopefully some day.
8. Ipanema Beach in Rio de Janeiro
9. Blarney Castle in Ireland
10. US Capitol Building in Washington, DC
11. Polynesian Cultural Center in Oahu, Hawaii
12. Gondola ride in Venice, Italy
Same as Pisa, part of a Northern Italy tour
13. Angkor Wat in Cambodia
14. The Colosseum in Rome
Well worth it. After all, how many times do you get to stand in a 2000 year old stadium. Cubs and Red Sox fans will feel right at home.
15. Statue of Liberty in New York
16. Ayers Rock in Australia
17. Trevi Fountain in Rome
18. The Pyramids in Egypt
19. Graceland in Memphis, Tennessee
20. Stonehenge in the UK
Completely over rated.
21. Gaudi in Barcelona
The apartments, skip it. The house, worth it. Guell Park is free, but the street vendors make it difficult to navigate and they have all the best spots. The Familia, amazing. I sat and stared at the exterior for 20 minutes.
22. Tower of London
23. Sound of Music Bus Tour in Salzburg, Austria
24. Space Needle in Seattle, Washington
25. Checkpoint Charlie in Berlin, Germany
My score…8 of 25. Makes me a sucker for Tourist Traps I guess.